If you’ve just purchased a Brother printer, it’s only natural to want to use it as soon as possible. Unfortunately, sometimes the computer does not recognize the printer and it appears as though your Brother printer not responding properly.
Fortunately, there are many ways that you can troubleshoot this issue and eliminate it altogether. In this article, I will teach you how to troubleshoot an unresponsive Brother printer on your own while avoiding costly repairs.
WHY DOES MY BROTHER PRINTER NOT RESPONDING ON WINDOWS?
Here are some possible reasons your Brother Printer might not be responding on Windows.
- The printer is not connected to the computer
- The printer is not connected to the network
- The printer is not properly turned on
- The printer driver is not updated or the latest
TIPS TO SOLVE YOUR BROTHER PRINTER NOT RESPONDING ERROR
If your Brother printer isn’t responding, you may be experiencing one of the above-mentioned problems. Below, we’ll show you how to troubleshoot these issues and fix them quickly so that your Brother printer will work again!
INSTALL THE LATEST VERSION OF YOUR PRINTER DRIVERS
If your Brother printer is not responding, it’s a good idea to check the printer manufacturer’s website for the latest driver.
- Check the drivers’ Update. The Windows 10 operating system includes a built-in update checker that will notify you of any available updates for your computer.
- If an update is available, click on it and follow through with installation instructions in order to download and install the driver on your machine.
- You can also go to your printer manufacturer’s website and download the latest version of your printer’s driver (you may need to register with them).
- You can verify if the issue has been resolved by checking whether you are able to print again after restarting your computer or not!
CHECK IF THE PRINTER IS TURNED ON
If you are still having issues, check to see if your printer is turned on. If the power button is not lit up, check that the printer’s power cord is plugged in and that it’s connected to a working power source. Apart from that, also check whether your LCD display is showing any sort of error or not.
CHECK IF THE INK CARTRIDGES ARE WORKING PROPERLY
Another way to troubleshoot such problems with your printer is to check and see if the ink cartridges are working properly.
- Check if the ink cartridge is installed properly.
- Make sure that it’s not damaged or empty, and that it has enough ink left in it for your printer to print with. If all these conditions are met, then you can try reinstalling a new one.
CHECK THE CONNECTION BETWEEN THE PRINTER AND COMPUTER
If you’re using a USB cable and the printer still isn’t working, check the connection between the computer and the printer. Make sure that it’s firmly connected, and try using another USB port on your computer.
If you’ve tried all of this but still can’t connect to your Brother Printer, then there may be an issue with either one of them being offline or asleep.
RESTART YOUR PRINTER AND THE COMPUTER
If your Brother printer is connected but not printing, the best solution is to restart the computer and the printer.
- Turn off your computer and wait for about 30 seconds before turning it back on.
- Unplug any peripherals that are connected to your computer, including printers or other devices.
- Plug in all of your peripherals again one by one until you find out whether or not they’re working correctly (usually plugging them in will show up as an error message if there’s a problem).
In this article, we have discussed a How To Fix a Brother Printer or few troubleshooting steps that you can try to fix your Brother printer not responding issue. If none of these methods have worked for you, then it is recommended that you contact the manufacturer or the seller of the printer to get further help with your issue.